Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE 1.6GB Fibre Broadband: More Unstable Than a Jenga Tower in a Wind Tunnel

svsaunders
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hello peeps!

I recently took the plunge into the digital deep end and snagged EE's shiny new 1.6GB Fibre broadband, dreaming of zipping through the web at lightning speed. But alas, my WiFi is more like a three-legged tortoise on a lazy Sunday – slow, sluggish, and dropping out more often than a moody teenager.

Let's have a natter about the EE Hub. It's got the range of a walkie-talkie in a lead-lined basement. I've seen better interfaces on a microwave from the '90s. Navigating this thing is like playing charades with a robot – confusing and mildly entertaining in a "why am I doing this?" sort of way.

And the speed? My old TalkTalk service was like that reliable old car – not the flashiest but gets you from A to B without a hiccup. This EE service, though? It's like a sports car with a flat tyre. All show, no go.

Anyone else feeling like they're in a comedy sketch with their EE broadband? Tips, tricks, or just some good old commiseration would be much appreciated. Let's bond over our shared digital despair (whilst we wait for the pages to load).

Cheers and chuckles,

Scott (A Slightly Amused, Mostly Frustrated EE Customer)

5 REPLIES 5
MS202
Visitor

I have nothing useful to add as I came here to read threads to help me in my possible decision to add EE’s broadband to my mobile contract, but I needed to say that I find your post most amusing. Thanks for the chuckles 😂

timprocter
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Same here.😂

Full Fibre Busiest Home Bundle 1.6Gb.
svsaunders
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Haha, thank you 🙂 although I would just settle for this poxy service to just start working to be fair  

svsaunders
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hello EE Comrades,

I’ve come to regale you with a tale of my month-long battle with the beast known as EE Fibre. Picture this, a hopeful customer, dreams of lightning-fast internet, but alas, what I got was more akin to a sleepy slug on a lazy Sunday.

My story begins with the usual suspects - random disconnections, the spinning wheel of doom, and the eternal buffering symbol that became my new best friend. I thought, “Ah, just a hiccup in the matrix,” but little did I know, I was in for an epic saga.

The plot thickens as I play detective with my home setup. Lo and behold, the villain of our story starts to emerge, non other than the supplied router, which I’m convinced was more interested in taking a nap than doing its job, but it had help, help in the form of its accomplice, the Optical Network Terminal (ONT), positioned in the most signal-starved corner of my house. It was like finding Wally, but less fun and more frustrating.

So, what’s a hero to do? Gear up for battle, of course! I armed myself with a shiny new Asus gaming router that promised not to fall asleep on the job and relocate it away from the under-stairs  ONT  to a spot where it couldn’t play hide and seek anymore.

Voila! The tides turned. My internet zipped and zoomed like it had downed a dozen Costa’s. It was a moment of triumph, akin to scoring the winning goal in a cup final – if that cup was filled with sweet, sweet super fast Wi-Fi.

Moral of the story? When your internet goes on a holiday without you, sometimes it’s not about the bigger picture but about a poor quality router and a misplaced ONT playing hide and seek.

Here’s to hoping your internet saga has fewer plot twists than mine!

Cheers,

Scott

timprocter
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

😂🤣😂🤣

@svsaunders that's nothing but hilarious and certainly brightened my day up.😂

So on a serious note is your 1.6Gb Package now working correctly at full speed using the new Asus Router.

If so this gives me hope as I have purchased the Asus AXE11000 Router to accommodate this new package.

So far I've been left with a wasted day as the engineer  failed to show up on the 29th December as they instructed me.

Where the hell I go from here who knows, I rang EE and the girl I spoke with didn't know nothing about the 1.6Gb package and never heard of it before.

What next.??

Router.jpg

Full Fibre Busiest Home Bundle 1.6Gb.