cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Home Broadband to My EE Account is Bugged

Sebastian_J
Investigator
Investigator

Hey all, I have just got my first EE product after always being a Vodafone loyalist...I bought the EE super fast home broadband but when I try to link it to the My EE account, either online or on the app it always gives me the same error. It gives me 4 lines of actual code that looks exactly like this:

{
"code": "500",
"message": "QuotaViolation"
}

When I called them on their support, they were nice but they had no idea how to fix it and said it could be 10+ days before they email me with a solution...I am also up for contract renewal for my phone and don't really have time to wait for 10 days, does anyone know anything of this/has seen this issue before?
Thanks

Seb

14 REPLIES 14
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Try another browser.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Have tried on Chrome, Firebox and Edge and still get the same result sadly

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sebastian_J,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

You've done the right thing in reaching out to our Broadband Care Team.

They'll get back to you as soon as soon as our support team have resolved the issue with your account.

James

Hi EE

I have exactly the same issue and receiving same line of code. Tried all browsers. 

Has a solution or fix been implemented?

Thanks

James_B

Hi @alpha_hunter,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If you are seeing the same issue with your online account, please get in touch with our Broadband Care Team to report it.

They'll be happy to help.

James

Still no, I have heard nothing back from them since I called the on the 12th. Never using EE again honestly, they could have at least emailed me or something...

Leanne_T

Hi @Sebastian_J 

I am sorry this is taking time to get this sorted, the team will be working to resolve this for you. 

If you would like an update on this ticket, please give us a call. 

Leanne.

I have the same problem. I notice it's been an issue since before Nov. Any idea when it will be fixed?

eskoccc
Visitor

having this issue too… successfully found my broadband but then quotaviolation