cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t cancel broadband due to “open order”???

Smernt
Explorer

Ordered full fibre on 26th Oct, which was installed on 15th Nov, not happy with it, so called to cancel, but apparently can’t until 5th of Dec due to an “open order” that I have no idea what it is. The date I’m “allowed to cancel” also conveniently falls outside of the 14 day cooling off period…

regardless of what “open orders” are there we should still be able to cancel whenever we choose to. Apparently it’s something to do with an engineer or something, but an engineer has already been out, we don’t need anything else, just want to cancel.

4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

It is not a try before you buy service, I don't know of any company that would not hold you to a two year contract or charge early termination charges.

What is it that you did not like? 

Have you never had broadband before?

Or is it something we can help you get fixed?

There is a statutory 14-day cooling-off period from installation but the OP is being prevented from availing himself of it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Smernt
Explorer

@XRaySpeX Is correct, and you @Mustrum should know that, as an ‘ace contributor, before being snarky.

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Smernt   I do know that, and was not being snarky, just factual. The 14 days for most ISP's starts from the day of order, EE are unusual with their T&C's, unless you ordered the service in a shop?

So as no one on here has account access you will need to raise a complaint and/or call Customer Services.

But it was a genuine question, is there anything we can help you with?