cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blink sync module won't connect to new EE hub

Andrewkuk
Investigator
Investigator

Hi - Just received our new EE router and we have been moved from BT as they are no longer going to be doing broadband in the future and it's all being switched over to EE. 

My blink sync module (for our CCTV) keeps saying the wrong password and I've tried many times. Tried moving well away from the router but still says wrong password. All other devices connected no problem.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Officially the EE hub isn't supposed to be live until tomorrow but when Oliver in all other devices connected and working fine.

we were happy with BT and this is a real headache!

plugged the old BT router in and it connected first time to Blink sync module. I've raised a support ticket with Blink so hopefully they might have an answer.

Thanks in advance - Andrew

kind regards Andrew

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andrewkuk
Investigator
Investigator

I have found a way to connect the Blink module with the new EE smart Hub.

You need to unplug the sync module first and then put a pin or pen in the reset hole next to the USB port and hold it for 10 seconds before putting the power cable back in. Continue to hold the rest button for a further 5 seconds and it should flash red and then do a small update. I was then able to add it to the new EE router.

I hope this helps if anyone else has the same issue.

Thanks for the help.

Kind regards - Andrew

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Andrewkuk
Investigator
Investigator

Hi - Just received our new EE router and we have been move from BT as apparently they are now longer going to be doing broadband and it's all being switched over to EE. 

my blink sync module keeps saying wrong password and I've tried many times. Tried moving well away from the router but still says wrong password. All other devices connected no problem.

Did you manage to fix yours?

kind regards Andrew

-SRB-
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Andrew, I'm assuming you have reset the Blink units to use your new Hub + wifi password? The Blink units use 2.4ghz wifi - try switching off the other wifi options on the hub, then if Blink connects ok, try turning them on again.  Unless you've gone for the 1.6gb package and really need the faster wifi the EE hub offers, you can also just keep using the old BT Hub. It will work exactly as before, though again you need to reset the Blink units to use the previous wi-fi again.

Hi - I have tried the 2.4ghz only and it still won't work. It just kept saying incorrect password for network in the Blink set up app. I didn't want to leave BT and the guy that sorted out the new package didn't mention moving to EE the first we knew was when we got a text saying EE hub being delivered.

I called BT yesterday and they said they are closing their broadband down and all customers will move over to EE. 

Hi @Andrewkuk 

Have you any symbols or numbers in your new password. 

Try searching google as this seems to be a common issue from the number of google replies, try this solution.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blinkcameras/comments/16tteu5/the_infamous_incorrect_password_issue/

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
-SRB-
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Andrewkuk 

Hi Andrew - you could also try just using the same password for your wifi as you had on the BT Router  - just change the one on the new EE hub - when I moved over from BT, I didn't go with the  EE Hub, I stayed with my old BT One (the ability to split the wi-fi bands was something I really needed to keep).

Hi - Thank you for the idea but we have to send the BT router back or be charged £50! 

Can't seem to get it to work but they said they were switching the service on today but it's a real pain when I didn't even want to change to EE.

It works in all other devices which is really odd.

Thanks for you advice.

-SRB-
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Andrewkuk You can send back the EE one, never mind what customer service tell you, ask one of the Moderators on here. Quite a few have moved over from the BT side of things ...(*Unless you are on the 1.6gb connection).

Andrewkuk
Investigator
Investigator

I have found a way to connect the Blink module with the new EE smart Hub.

You need to unplug the sync module first and then put a pin or pen in the reset hole next to the USB port and hold it for 10 seconds before putting the power cable back in. Continue to hold the rest button for a further 5 seconds and it should flash red and then do a small update. I was then able to add it to the new EE router.

I hope this helps if anyone else has the same issue.

Thanks for the help.

Kind regards - Andrew