cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa calling dialling but not audible on connection

TonyW5
Contributor
Contributor

I have had Alexa calling enabled with my EE account for some time and use the service regularly.

Since a few days ago, when I make an outgoing call to a landline or mobile, the connection is made, but when the other person picks up, I am not audible, and they are not audible to me.

Incoming calls from my EE mobile to Alexa are working fine, and Alexa to Alexa calls outbound are working OK

Has anyone else had this problem, or know of a solution?  I have used 2 separate Alexa devices too and it's the same problem

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@TonyW5  Try removing the Alexa skill from your Amazon account and then re add it.     

TonyW5
Contributor
Contributor

This is still not working.. I've been using Alexa calling for outbound calls but never been able to get inbound calls working again.

I've unlinked, relinked the EE account.  re-added the EE calling preference, removed it,, reinstalled the app, restarted the Alexa devices, and it just won't work.  Now the status is that when the Alexa App calling preference is set to EE then inbound and outbound calls ring but when the recipient answers there is no voice audible.  Same device wit Alexa calling works perfectly outbound every time.  @Chris_B  I don't know what you mean about removing the Alexa Skill from Amazon, there isn't even a skill for the EE Calling, it's just part of Alexa now

I recall that maybe the tech support did some reset when this happened a while back.  Is there a number I can use to call from a non EE phone (it's now in a different location from me at the moment, so I can't dial 150

Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)