cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account closure complaint

LainzzeGal
Visitor

Hi, I cancelled my EE broadband in March and was told my account would be closed and a final bill issued.

It is now nearly September and I still haven't received this or the refund I am owed.

I keep receiving bills and demands for payment (including a late payment fee).

I have called several times (sitting on the phone for nearly an hour each time waiting) and was told each time that the cancellation was in progress and that they are waiting for Openreach.

The agent confirmed that billing was still active on my account.

They said that tickets were issued to the technical team and accounts department for review.

I was advised to cancel my direct debit and said they would mark the issue as an honoured dispute on their system but my credit score reads differently.

I'm reluctant to call again because of the long waiting time and wish to progress the matter as a formal complaint.

How do I do this?

I have searched for the EE complaints policy on the web but get no results.

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@LainzzeGal : You can make a formal complaint to EE & if you don't get satisfaction after 8 weeks you can take it to EE's ADR provider. See Complaints code of practice and here is the Complaints Form at the foot of the page.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good evening @LainzzeGal

I am so sorry to hear this is happening and of course this needs to be looked into further. 

I can see you have already been provided the link for our complaints form but I would also recommend getting back in touch with technical care. Our credit team will also be able to take a look into this for you for any wrong markings on your credit report. 

Katie

lez632
Investigator
Investigator

Get in touch with Ofcom, they deal in this sort of thing.

@lez632 : No, they don't, individually!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)