Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

international

rebekahhunter
Investigator
Investigator

Stuck!

I am in the US with my family and my phone and laptop has been hacked. I reported to the police and took everything to Apple. I am locked out of everything and My Apple ID has been changed. I cannot reset this because I have no phone for verification and it is locked.

I am able to access my emails. I also late making a payment because I cannot use my cards. I need to organise a flight back home but its difficult. I also have a business I haven't attended too. 

I did manage to get through to an EE rep to tell this. But was cut off. I just need access to my UK phone. 

Please help

18 REPLIES 18
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rebekahhunter 

Welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened to you, especially being away from the UK. This Apple Support page says to reset your password, if this happens. I'm assuming that's what you're trying to do when it asks for verification.

Have you tried all of the different methods to change your password on this Apple Support page?

Chris

hello

Yes I have tried all that. My daughter has a phone but because the bill hasn't been paid I can't use it.

I wanted EE to unlock and let me use that phone just for a few days to get this all sorted out.

Its a nightmare. we feel trapped.

thanks for your advise 

Rebekah

James_B

Hi @rebekahhunter,

Have you looked at purchasing a local SIM card to keep connected until you're able to pay your bill?

James

Hi James

Yes but the local sims do not call UK, It says international but that means
Mexico and Canada
I have the use of a local Straight talk phone and can call US I have also
spent alot on addons to call UK. But they just dont work when you are
calling a company Like EE and on hold for over 30mins.

Also have a UK Iphone 14 and one I use for US IPHONE 14. BOTH phones are
locked and say only the owner can open them, which is me?

Does anyone know if EE has a whatsappnumber?
or even email contact? I cannot see any.

There is a real flaw, I never thought this could happen between US and UK
Before I left I bought Roaming on all my familys cell phones so we could
easily speak to the UK. Idid not think hacking would affect us like this.

Thanks for your advise
rebekahhunter
Investigator
Investigator

is there anyway to access my messages other than my cell phone?

I have had most of my accounts hacked. I am in the USA with my family and need access to my phone.

But I haven't paid the bill because I can login to my Bank accounts in the UK. 

I have had my Apple ID changed and don't know the passwords so all my devises are locked. Unless I can get the code apple sent to my cell phone.

Very frustrating, I just need to explain to EE but cannot get a message to them. Only by phone??

I did try the interpreter 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

SMS can only be received by the SIM being in a phone.

James_B

Hi @rebekahhunter,

Have you started the account recovery process with Apple? (EE can't help with this unfortunately)

Do you have access to another phone you could put your EE SIM in until you regain control of your Apple account?

James

rebekahhunter
Investigator
Investigator

Ok I have now paid my account in full. But Was hacked in Atlanta Georgia. I took my cell phones X2and my Apple Mac into Apple. I have unusable phones and laptop. Under my insurance canI get a replacement phone? if I am abroad 

It Is really frustratingI haven't accessed my online business since November. I have urgent CallS to make to the UK.

There is no email contact for EE? only phone

Any advise would be very very welcome 

Rebekah X

Also to add, before I took them into apple they were hacked but still workable. Afterwards I am just left with a shell. and told it will be 28 days to access. The only guidance was if I can prove I got these phones from EE. I cannot see anywhere on my bills which show this

thanks x