Investigator
Investigator

Why does my iPhone SE 2022 ring but I can’t hear anyone speak

16 REPLIES 16
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Liv54Is this on all incoming calls ?  

Yes, I had a call I was expecting from this person first  thing after emailing them to give them new number.  The phone rang I picked up and then heard nothing at all. I’ve spent up til now trying to get an answer without success from 150 other than useless texts and no option to speak to a human being!  Then told to text TECH and I would be called in 10 minutes.  This was DESPITE writing in the text what the issue is…….. No wonder then the said call rang but I heard nothing!  Wha5 is going on please?

@Liv54   Ok,  have you just moved to EE and had your number ported over to EE ?     If you have have you restarted the device since you got told  the port is now completed ? 

Liv54
Investigator
Investigator

No, I took a new number,an EE number.  I was giving the new number to someone I needed to hear from 

@Liv54   Ok.    
Go to Settings > Sounds (or Settings > Sounds & Haptics), and drag the Ringer and Alerts slider back and forth a few times. If you don't hear any sound, or if your speaker button on the Ringer and Alerts slider is dimmed, your speaker might need service.

Liv54
Investigator
Investigator

I’m just fed up with this debacle.  Is it something to do with the button and the Haptics ?  Even the  EE shop where I bought it claimed “never heard of that happening before!”

@Liv54   So you’ve been to a EE store and they can not not help. ? 

Just to test something can you please call your phone but take the call on load speaker.    
when you take the call just click the Audio button and you can then select speaker 

E96A41D5-2D03-4E37-B458-50184D200C41.jpeg

 can you hear yourself on that call ?  

@Liv54 , have you done what @Chris_B suggested? Can you check that the volume is turned up? If you have headphones, does this make a difference, are you able to hear the person? It should have nothing to do with the button and haptics. 

You could try ringing 150 to see if there is sound, also reboot the phone and see if that makes a difference.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

I’ve done this and there’s sound.  Why would a 2 day old phone need service ??