cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 14+ won't charge

Djn2
Visitor

Good afternoon

I am slightly confused and wondering whether other people could clarify something for me.

I iPhone 14+ which I upgraded with EE, I took Apple Care out with.  This was 5 weeks ago.

The device has not stopped being charged with a wire.  When I took it to EE they said it would cost me my £100 insurance excess?  Surely it would be reasonable to expect the functionality of the iphone to last longer than 5 weeks and therefore does Apple not provide a manufacturer's guarantee like most other people?

I walked out, and have now got the device booked in with the Apple Genius Bar.  Since I believe to be a mechanical fault 5 weeks in, surely this should be a free repair?

Can anyone answer this please?

Thanks,

Dazza

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Djn2   You get 2 weeks from getting the device to report an issue and get the device replaced with EE.   You get as standard a 12 month warranty via apple so as you have gone to apple you’re doing this the best way.     EE should been sorting this via the warranty through Apple.    
The store you went too wanted you to do this via your insurance as it’s a fault on the device that wasn’t there when you got it so it could actually be an insurance claim.    There is nothing mechanical in the charging port it’s by contact,   Make sure you take your charging lead with you as it could be that what’s faulty.     Can you try with a different lead ? 

But what does “the device has not stopped being charged with a wire” mean ?