cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad locked to EE even after paying to unlock

Jelly_Belly
Visitor

I have an iPad Pro (2016) that l bought on contract from EE. I am no longer with EE and wanted to put a Sky sim in it, but it said Sim not supported. I tried the unlock service on the EE website but it claimed that the iPad was not an EE device. I went to my local EE store and they wanted nothing to do with it and gave us a number to call, and we were told that it wasn't locked. I then paid an unlocking company to unlock it, and they claim it is unlocked, but it is still locked to EE. I then contacted Apple and they checked and they said it is still locked to EE. I have checked the IMEI number on a different website that checks IMEI numbers and it says that it is locked to EE. I tried ringing the number on the EE website and selected the option for unlocking a device and it just tells you to go online to unlock it, but the website still claims it is not an EE device. I am beyond frustrated and would welcome any advice?

2 REPLIES 2
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Jelly_Belly.

Welcome to the community.

If you've already tried unlocking your device online, you'll need to speak with our unlocking team.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care team by calling 150 so they can assess your account and pass you through.

Jon

Traceboaks
Visitor

Hi jelly belly i have the same issue did you manage to get yours sorted