Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage Activation Unsuccessful

Wilzor
Investigator
Investigator

Full Message:

Activation Unsuccessful - Turn On IMessage to try again / An Error Occurred During Activation. Try Again.

My current phone setup:

iPhone 13 Pro Max 256 GB. iOS 15.4 (Public Beta 3) at time of writing.

This is in regards to my phone not activating or enabling iMessage or FaceTime against my cellular (mobile) telephone number. But it can against emails. Under send and receive in iMessage/FaceTime you have two boxes.

One for “you can send/receive from” and the second for “start new conversation from”. My number appears in box one, but not two. If I tap it I get l error.

Have in mind i use an eSim. No problems until last 24 hours.

Steps I have taken so far:

- Switch off both iMessage/FaceTime & hard rebooted phone. Switched back on, same issue.

- Switched off iMessage/FaceTime & reset network settings, rebooted phone & same issue.

- Switched off M/F & went to my number under phone, retyped in and rebooted phone, same issue.

- Mobile Data/Roaming/5G enabled. ALL other aspects of phone working ok. I can make receive calls/text messages and data use is ok.

- Content lock is off, checked via app. 

- Called Apple; my account is ok, went through checks with them; same as above & no issues.

- Called EE; my account is paid up to full, no restrictions and from their checks - no issues reported.

What can anyone suggest? Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Wilzor,

Welcome back to the EE Community. 🙂

As you're experiencing issues, I'd recommend going back to a publicly-released version of iOS.

It won't 'brick' your phone, but you'll need to setup a new eSIM.

James 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Wilzor  Your using beta software so expect issues.    Why do you think Apple recommends you don’t install it on your main device.    

Thanks for advise. Though I am not rich enough to afford a second iPhone 13 Pro Max, I can just afford this one.

I am thinking thought of downloading the 15.3.1 ispw file and installing it again on my phone. However I use an eSim - the advisor on the phone from ee that if I reinstalled 15.3.1 it would wipe the eSim and I would not get that back, it would turn the iPhone into a brick.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Wilzor,

Welcome back to the EE Community. 🙂

As you're experiencing issues, I'd recommend going back to a publicly-released version of iOS.

It won't 'brick' your phone, but you'll need to setup a new eSIM.

James