cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty on iPhone after 10 months

SteveC38
Investigator
Investigator

I have 5 iPhones on contract for the family & one off (12 mini) won’t charge or switch on ( it’s completely flat now). It’s less than 11 months old, is there any warranty on these? Gonna head to an EE store but previous experience hasn’t been great with these guys.

advice?

thx Steve 

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

There's gonna be a manufacturer's warranty of at least 1 year on them. Check your device's coverage  

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@SteveC38  have you tried force restart it ?   Volume up volume down and press and hold power button.  Watch THIS   

S4MUR441
Contributor
Contributor

You can take the device to Apple Store or contact Apple Support. Like @XRaySpeX said you will have 12 months manufacturer's warranty on the device but Apple can also fix your device if it's outside of warranty for a fee. 

Apple will also fix any devices/parts as part of their recall program if the device was purchased within a certain time window (usually 24 months) or is part of a particular batch.  

@S4MUR441 there is no recall on devices failing to boot up.   There was a sound issue recall on devices from October 20 to April 21.     To me this just sounds like the device is in DFU mode and needs a force restart.