cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SIM Not Supported

Josiehelp
Investigator
Investigator

I have unlocked my iPhone 11 using that link and EE confirmed via 150 that it’s unlocked. 

when I look in Settings>General>About>Network Provider Lock is still says “SIM Locked”

when I put in my new O2 sim I get “SIM not supported”

Any ideas? Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Josiehelp

When did you unlock your device?

Speak soon, 

Katie

Josiehelp
Investigator
Investigator

About three hours ago.

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me @Josiehelp

Do you have another SIM you could try in the device?

Katie

No, just my current EE one and my new 02 one.

James_B

Hi @Josiehelp,

Have you restarted your phone since it was unlocked?

Has your new SIM been activated by your new network provider?

James

Yes I have turned it off and on again. These are the instructions from o2 for how to activate a sim:

If you’re using a plastic sim, your sim is ready to use straightaway. Just pop it in your device and you're good to go.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Josiehelp 

Is this still happening this morning?

What did the text from 150 say?

Jon

Hi @Jon_K  the settings have now changed to “No SIM restrictions” and my O2 sim works ok. Just waiting for my number to move across now - I’ve submitted my PAC code to o2. 

assume there’s a delay in the unlock happening and the text from 150 wasn’t right at the time because it was still locked. It said:

“All done. We've unlocked your device on our end. It will now work with any network's SIM. When you pop in a non-EE SIM your device will tell you how to finish things up. For extra help with unlock your device visit https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/unlock-your-phone/how-do-i-set-up-my-ip... Thanks”

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks for letting us know, @Josiehelp 

It now appears the phone is properly unlocked.

Jon