cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People can only hear me slightly when I call landlines

mousetarget
Investigator
Investigator

Whenever I ring a landline the person on the other end can only hear me slightly - I can hear them fine. Calling mobiles there are no issues. Microphone is fine, I’ve updated the software, it’s an iPhone X.

16 REPLIES 16
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Does this only affect landlines in a particular area code?

Is this only in one specific area?

Does this affect incoming landline calls as well as outgoing?

It seems to only affect landlines in one area but to be honest I haven’t noticed.  EE have asked me to travel to another area and call a landline and see what happens. I know it’s not my iPhone as my wife’s iPhone experiences the same problem.

I’m very surprised if it is a local problem they haven’t been inundated with complaints from other EE customers.

Only seems to happen if I call their landline. Mobile calls are absolutely fine.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @moustarget

Does this happen with more than one landline? 

If you can try another area and call the landline and let us know if the same happens? 

Leanne. 

Yes it does happen on more than one landline number. Next time I’m out of this area I will try ringing another landline and update you.

Leanne_T

That would be great, thanks very much @mousetarget

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Hi Leanne

just tried ringing a landline from another area and still have the same problem - I can hear them fine - they can hardly hear me.

James_B

Hi @mousetarget,

Please get in touch with Technical Support so a member of the team can take a detailed look at this issue for you.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James

Woynot
Explorer

Hi James_B.  
Were you able to resolve this issue?  I'm having the same problem with my iPhone 8.
Thanks

I’m afraid EE Technical team haven’t resolved the issue - after a nearly an hour talking to them all they could confirm is that their system is working fine!