cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paired apple watch shows different number

LH44
Investigator
Investigator

Hi , I have just received and set up my new apple watch which I ordered against my existing EE number however my EE acc shows a totally random number associated to the Apple watch! Does this need changing and if so how or is this just for records only? Thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@LH44  No probs.   Just a heads up for you to be able to send a text ( not an iMessage ) message via the watch your phone will need to be switched on even if your phone is not with you.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@LH44   No it has its own number for billing purposes and it also needs a cellular connection after all its an eSim that’s in the watch and that needs its own number for a data connection.    Your phone and your watch all linked at account level so when someone calls your phone your watch will ring even if your phone isn’t with you. 

Aw thats great thanks, it all looks ok and seems to be paired and matched fine, calls and messages come through on my watch ok although I havent tried it without my phone nearby yet🤞🤞thanks again

@LH44  No probs.   Just a heads up for you to be able to send a text ( not an iMessage ) message via the watch your phone will need to be switched on even if your phone is not with you.  

That’s something they dont make clear🤦🏼‍♀️Thank you for all the info, really appreciate it, would be great if this was all made clear from start especially with the number, ie if EE put your paired mobile number in brackets next to the Esim number, especially for people who might have multiple accounts/watches.