cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does EE Apple cellular plan have its own number?

Matholwch
Investigator
Investigator

I’m looking to follow family member’s suggestion for my son - get an apple cellular watch instead of a phone; I understand it needs to be an add on my EE service plan, however- does it get its own telephone number? Or would he end up receiving my calls and messages?

My family who are Sydney based states their kids watched have their own telephone number, but its not clear if that’s the case with EE in the UK too.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Matholwch   You can choose a family tariff this means the watch gets its own number for calls/texts and data usage.     It’s not going to receive the calls/texts that are sent to the iPhone number.         The  watch becomes a second line on your account,  your iPhone is the control device for the watch so you can actually setup who your child can call/text from the watch via your iPhone.    Other than this the iPhone has nothing to do with the watch.  

Please have a read of THIS as EE do support this service.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Matholwch
Investigator
Investigator

I meant Apple Watch Cellular sim

A watch does get its own mobile no. but only for accounting purposes. It needs to be paired with an EE phone to get get calls & texts sent to he phone.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Is this simply a limitation of EE’s service? That an Australian operator is able to provide individual contactable numbers for their apple cellular watches? My assumption being Apple makes it possible EE choose not to? I understand it needs to be paired to an account. I just don’t wish for my son to get my calls going to his watch.

@Matholwch   You can choose a family tariff this means the watch gets its own number for calls/texts and data usage.     It’s not going to receive the calls/texts that are sent to the iPhone number.         The  watch becomes a second line on your account,  your iPhone is the control device for the watch so you can actually setup who your child can call/text from the watch via your iPhone.    Other than this the iPhone has nothing to do with the watch.  

Please have a read of THIS as EE do support this service.