Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls to this number are not currently being connected

Ackster
Investigator
Investigator

Good morning. 

As you can see from the subject, I'm having problems with the dreaded "cannot be connected" message. 

The problem is with my partners IPhone, which is a second line on my own account. 

I have an android, but I'm sure that's not the issue, as others with iPhone also hear the same message when calling her. 

She calls me almost daily with no problems, so I'm surprised if it's the really annoying hibernation issue due to lack of use. 

I can ring anyone else. She can ring anyone else. No-one can ring her. 

This is about the 3rd time it's happened and she's only had the phone around 4 months. 

Not really sure how it sorted itself out in the past as we tried everything and anything and a day or so later it started working, but I think the dialling 150 trick helped once. 

However, nothing has worked this time and its really frustrating. 

The phone has has probably spent as much time not receiving calls as it has done working normally. 

The bill is paid (never had this issue with my own phone as the primary line), dial 150 is just instigating the automated text chat thing, and she calls me everyday to keep the line in an active state. 

Any help greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ackster 

Thanks for coming here. 

Can they receive texts? 

Have they checked their blocked list in the phone settings? 

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Hi leanne. 

Thanks for replying and the help. 

Yes they can recieve texts without issues, and we have checked blocked lists. 

Was unlikely given this is the 3rd time it's happened in a matter of months and it affects any caller. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Ackster 

In this case, please give us a call on 150 and the team will run through some troubleshooting. 

Leanne 🙂