cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisted device

Manana
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, I bought an iPhone 11 from a phone shop a few months ago and for the last 3 months I’ve been on holiday abroad so I haven’t been able to call EE about the unlocking. When I search for my imei it shows that it’s blacklisted. When I first bought the phone this wasn’t the case. What’s changed and how do I unlock my phone

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Manana    The device has been reported lost/stolen so has been blacklisted.   If the device is 2nd hand you can not get the blacklisting removed.  You need to go back to the place you purchased this from and request your money back. EE will not remove the blacklisting of this device as insurance could have already been paid out for it. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If the phone has been blacklisted, the original owner has reported it lost or stolen 

Your point of contact is the seller you bought it from. A common scam is to sell a phone and subsequently report it lost.

Just last week I went to the area where I purchased my phone because I have now moved homes and guess what… the shop has been shutdown permanently. Probably for their scam. So what do i even do with this phone? I mean I paid good money for it. Can I use it on the EE network 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If the store has closed, you may well have lost your purchase money.

If you paid on a credit card, you may have a claim there - depending what paperwork came with the phone.

Am I allowed to sell the device on a platform like eBay because this device is useless to me now and I’d rather give sell it so it could be used for parts.

As long as you aquied the Phone through legitimate and legal means (you will need proof of this)  then technically you can Gift or Sell the Phone onwards but I would strongly advise that you describe the Phone as exactly what it is, ie, it's condition and that fact the Device is Blacklisted.

Most importanty retain All your Documents proving that you purchased the Device in good faith and when and from where.