cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch series 8 announcement

Gomrathb
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Looking forward to upgrading to a series 8. 
what are the chances that EE will carry the Ultra? 
I’m guessing slim to none given it’s a £799+ price tag. Doubt anyone wants to pay £40+ a month for a smartwatch, the stainless steel is £35 a month and that’s £599 outright so… 😂😂😂😩😩😩 

might just buy a Ultra from apple and keep my watch contract going with EE. 

15 REPLIES 15
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Gomrathb    Until pre-orders open for these devices you’ll never know.  

Gomrathb
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yep, I guess so. 2 more days and we’ll see what EE is saying. I won’t hold my breath, but it would be outstanding if they did somehow for something…maybe. Lmao. 😂😂😂

Jimbob150687
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Preorders are open on the Apple site. I wonder when they’ll open on ee

@Jimbob150687  They’ll probably be there tomorrow.   EE never do a pre order  straight after the apple event it’s always next day.  But then again I don’t think Apple have done pre orders straight after an event it’s always been a few days later.   

EE will not do it tonight as it’ll be online only.  Customer services close at 9pm so no calling in to order.   

Daniel193
Explorer

I’m looking to upgrade my S5 44mm aluminium cellular model. I was initially thinking of going for the stainless steel S8 but the ultra is like £20-£30 more and I’m definitely interested in the extra durability and much better battery life.

Apple Watch ultra is £850/24=£35.41 PCM and EE charge £7 PCM to connect an Apple Watch to their network so I’m really hoping that EE can offer the Apple Watch ultra for £40 PCM on a 24 plan. If it’s like £45 PCM or more then I’ll just ge tot from apple directly and add the EE connectivity to my sim only plan.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Daniel193

Welcome to the community.

Keep an eye on our online shop for any new products and prices.

Chris

Mehmeh123
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Same situation.  I pre-ordered from apple to hold a spot since deliver is 21st-28th October right now.  If you got the money spare to tie up it may be worth doing the same.

EE should announce what they are going to do way before then and you can cancel and go via EE if it’s better.

Btw which band you considering? I went for the black trail loop as it tones it down a bit and most importantly it seems to make it look smaller.  The other bands push the watch up and are thicker so show the strap from the top.

My main hesitations are the screen isn’t actually much bigger at all it’s mostly the bezel etc (Resolution 396x484 vs 410 x 502).

Also once reliant on the watch I’ll need it in all situations including sport, casual and semi smart - possibly even smart at times.. I hope the black trail band tones it down enough!

Pre order from 1pm today according the phone automated message for EE 😀

Mehmeh123
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

For the ultra or the normal 8?