cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Music Smart Benefit with HomePod

Umiamz
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

My Apple Music subscription expired this morning so I've added it as a Smart Benefit in my EE account.

I've managed to get it to work on my Mac, iPhone and iPad (by clicking on the link in the text from EE) but how do I get it to work again on my HomePod and AppleTV? Both these devices say that I'm not subscribed to Apple Music and can now only access music in my own music library.

All devices are linked to my Apple ID.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Umiamz
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

So, had some breakfast then tried again and it's all working now on all devices. Obviously just needed some time!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Umiamz   Just try restarting the devices.    It’s your apple account via those devices that are not seeing the subscription.  

Umiamz
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Chris_B That's the first thing I did.

What's odd is that the Apple Music app on any device says that I'm not subscribed, then says "checking your mobile provider", then it works. If I then try and look at the subscription status in the Apple Music app it just says "something went wrong" or "cannot connect to account".

I don't remember having this issue when I took advantage of the free 6-month subscription a couple of years ago...

@Umiamz  On your phone try signing out your apple account then restart the device then sign back in. 

Umiamz
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Chris_B Yeah, not going to do that. It causes no end of problems, including resetting Apple Pay and having to add all your cards back.

I've tried signing out on the HomePod and now it won't sign back in. Maybe it just needs some time for everything to filter through.

Umiamz
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

So, had some breakfast then tried again and it's all working now on all devices. Obviously just needed some time!