cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple CarPlay - iPhone 13Mini - Dacia Duster (2022 model)

SandyWatson
Investigator
Investigator

The CarPlay SATNAV in my new Dacia Duster is not working with my iPhone 13 Mini.

Software is all up-to-date - on the car head unit and the phone.

When connected a first, the system works fine. A short time later it switches off. It needs to be continually unplugged and plugged in, to keep working.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know how to fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@SandyWatson   Can you try a different cable ? Sounds like a connection issue with the device.  

With the iPhone switched off try using a pin to clean out the charging port.  Be very careful when doing this.    Make sure that the device is off,  dust and fluff can build up in there so causing an issue. 

Thanks Chris.

So far I’ve tried 6 cables, including two brand new Apple cables, and two others that were labelled specifically for CarPlay.

I’ll have a look again at the phone port, although I’ve cleaned it already and it’s been working well with other devices.

Yes, the fact that it works for a while when started and again each time I unplug and re-plug… odd.

xxxxx xxxxxx
xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
xxxxx xxxxxx
xxxxx xxxxxx

[Mod edit: Please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]

JJ241
Visitor

I’ve got the same issue with my brand new duster. After taking it into the dealer, and speaking to Dacia directly, they have confirmed it’s software issue. They are aware of it but don’t have a timeframe for it being sorted. A temporary fix for me was to buy a wireless CarPlay adapter from Amazon which negates the need to plug your phone in. 

Can you tell me more please about the CarPlay adaptor?
What does it actually do?
Do you get full CarPlay functionality on the Duster head unit?
Thank you

xxxxx xxxxxx

[Mod edit: Please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]