cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock not working

zodley
Explorer

I recently bought a phone from overseas (UK). This phone (Galaxy A3 2015) is locked by EE. I have gotten an unlock code and it will not work (Maybe because I am in Australia). Somebody please help. I keep getting "Network Unlock Request Unsuccessful" I can't call overseas either. I would be happy to talk over e-mail if needed to provide IMEI etc. for support. Any help is appreciated, I need to use this phone.

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@zodley   If the unlocked code doesn’t work then you’ll have to call EE customer services to get this resolved,  there is no email address that you can use to pursue this through.

The only other option I can think off is to use eBay.     Like >>>This<<<    

The most important thing to remember is don’t purchase a phone that’s network locked in a different country to your own.   

Yeah can't call EE which sucks. Didn't say it was locked when I bought it. Thanks for the help anyways.

Then get your money back from the seller.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
carguy143
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Was the phone new or used? I've heard reports online of Samsung region locking their phones. The only way to remove said restriction used to be to use a SIM card from the region the phone was destined for and make at least 5 minutes of phone calls.

https://www.coolblue.nl/en/advice/samsung-region-lock-what-is-it-and-how-do-you-get-rid-of-it.html