cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zflip screen

afd90
Explorer

I returned my zflip in store last week as the screen has been faulty and freezes on the black screen when trying to unlock it.

I have just been quoted £339 for EE to repair this - how can this not be covered by the 12 month warranty when it's faulty through no fault of my own.

I haven't damaged it at all - what is the point of the 12 month manufacturers warranty - can anyone please advise what else I can do?

5 REPLIES 5
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

What does the quote say the fault is?

You should have taken it to Samsung. Samsung products have 24 months warranty, Samsung also do a premier service for the Flip and Fold series. You can take advantage of this.

If EE repair contractor won't budge ask for the phone back without them doing any work and then send it to Samsung

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

@BrendonH @Thanks for your reply - just a pdf quote

Display Price - OOW (unsure how out of warranty when it's within the 12 months) £282.50 + VAT 

I have requested it back & will try and return to Samsung although reading online it seems that might not be straightforward!

Nearest Samsung stores are about an hour away is it going to be worthwhile actually taking it in to them? Cheers!

You can go to the Samsung website and you should be able to post it to them rather than going to store.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
tarataylor
Visitor

it doig the same thing for me 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tarataylor

What's happening with your phone?

Chris