Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock code

Donlimon111
Investigator
Investigator

Hello.

I live not in UK, and bought the phone from there. After I tried to use my local sim card it asks for MCK. I think somebody tried to enter unlocking code uncorrected. In ee web site it's already "unlocked". How can I get this code now to unlock the phone correctly? I'm abroad and not able to contact ee.

11 REPLIES 11
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Donlimon111  You need the device unlock code to get the MCK code as the MCK code is the last 8 digits of the device unlock code and the first 8 digits of that device unlock code. 

1. Retrieve the device lock code which EE gave you. It should be 16 numbers in length.

2. Enter the last 8 numbers (from the 16 digit number provided by EE).

3. Once you get past that screen, enter the first 8 numbers (from the 16 digit number provided by EE).

4. You should now be able to access the contents of your phone.

5. Restart your phone.

But as the device is 2nd hand EE will not provide you with the unlock code so you can then use that for the MCK code.    Your issue is with the person who sold you that device.      If this was an eBay purchase you need to report this back to eBay. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Sounds like the unlock code has now gone with the wind!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I don't have this code.

Yes. I dont have the code

Hi @Donlimon111 

You only get the MCK message if you're trying to unlock the device with an unlock code. The post by @Chris_B should work with the unlock code you have unless that code is wrong. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hello @Northerner . 
I think somebody enter the wrong code before I bought it. Seller dont know the code. I'm from Ukraine and not even able to call the support(

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Donlimon111,

You can request an unlock code for your device at Device unlock (ee.co.uk)

Hope this helps.

James

Hello @James_B 
yesterday when I tried to do this it shows that the phone is unlocked on 1 IMEI and error

Please try that again

Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please enter your IMEI again or come back later" on IMEI 2.
Today this error appears for both IMEI.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Donlimon111,

It could be that the phone is blacklisted. I'd recommend contacting the seller for support.

James