cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 5G

Ryandavies111
Explorer

I have recently found that my S21 isn't connecting to 5G networks on EE very well. There is a unfilled and filled 5G icon and even right next to a 5G enabled tower, it rarely turns solid and speeds don't seem to be very 5G like (max 200ish mbps in only a few cases). I have seen it maybe turn solid once or twice but as I mentioned, its very rare. People with other phones like OnePlus&IPhone seem to connect without a problem with 400+mbps. I'm not sure if this is a problem with EE's 5G network and Samsung phones or if its a full other non related issue but I have tried most common methods like rebooting,  selecting 5G, aeroplane mode, manually selecting EE under networks etc.

3 REPLIES 3
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Ryandavies111 

Different handset radios, different software. The icons on both devices don't mean the same thing. 

Which tariff are you on? 

Those speeds would indicate you're already receiving better speeds than most other EE 5G user's. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

I'm on a uncapped 5G 24month contract plan. My friends with out devices seem to be getting much better speeds tho off the same masts.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ryandavies111 

Thanks for coming here. 

I would suggest calling us on 150 and the team will get this looked into in more detail for you.

Leanne 🙂