cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE "Warranty" on Faulty Google Pixel

djerfin
Visitor

I have recently started a new contract with EE, been with them for years now, and got an upgrade to a Google Pixel 6a. I realised straight away that Google Maps was not working as it should, basically unusable. So, after weeks of going through troubleshooting (all software related) I went into the local store with a repair booking slot. They did a factory reset, told me that the GPS was in fact faulty, and it was an issue with the antenna and motherboard BUT because I have the tiniest chip in the corner they won't fix it, or they will fix it, but it will cost me £700!

I have read the T&Cs and seen quite a pivotal statement:

"Our experts will decide what repairs are needed and whether they're covered by your manufacturer's warranty."

So, the warranty seems pretty pointless.

I can't use the warranty to fix the chip, and they won't help me with repairing the faulty product.....

I am hoping Google will help me.

2 REPLIES 2
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @djerfin

Welcome to the community. 

Was this a local EE Store?

I would recommend speaking with the manufacturer should you wish to claim under your warranty. 

Katie

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @djerfin 

The warranty will say it won't be valid if the device is damaged. Two reasons for this: 1. The damage could be related to the fault which isn't as a result of a manufacturing defect or failure, 2. To fix the issue will result in repairing the damage not covered by the warranty. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.