Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro LTE not working

CW007
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

Have set up my watch LTE plan but I cannot send/receive texts when my phone is off? I can sometimes make calls and receive but very hit and miss and I have the no SIM sign showing on my watch

Is this an issue or can you not use the watch when the phone is off? I left o2 because of this and I spoke to two EE people before joining if I can use the watch totally stand alone as long as I have a plan and they said yes hence joining

It is sending me crazy how difficult it is to set up this watch

Any info would be much appreciated

Thanks
C

12 REPLIES 12
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CW007

You should be able to make and receive calls, but SMS won’t work, unless the Primary phone is turned on and has signal. Are you within 4G signal when the 'No SIM' error shows up?

Chris

Hi Chris

I've just spoken to a level 2 advisor on customer services and they've just advised me the same

Annoying seeing as I was told differently twice when initially joining the network

It should be stated clearly from both Samsung and the networks that offer these plans how they work and what you can / can't do

I'll have to speak to customer services again, when this happened with o2 they credited my termination fee due to their incorrect advise

Thanks
C

Christopher_G

I'm sorry that you were told differently previously, @CW007. Are you still within any returns period?

Chris 

I go on holiday later so when I come back I will be out of it. I'll be able to request the call recordings to contest I would of thought

Thanks

Christopher_G

I would recommend calling to request the return whilst you're within the first 14 days, if you're able to @CW007.

You can hang on till you get back, but I couldn't be sure what the outcome would be.

Chris

CW007
Investigator
Investigator

I still need to use my phone for when I'm away, I cannot afford not to have it working. I am on about cancelling the whole contract nut just the watch plan. Will sort when back. Wouldn't be in this scenario if they knew the products they were selling, scary really

Thanks

Out of curiosity is it an issue to keep the phone switched on?

Zgabercea
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You lucky one! You manage to access network! I'm still trying to sort out two LTE watches obviously no solutions. Hopefully a young guy asked me about EID. Finally! I'm getting closer too EE to discover me! The others says is impossible! It's a **bleep**... You pay monthly for fake unreachable numbers. And is triple the price.

Leanne_T

Hi @Zgabercea 

Is this being looked into by our tech gurus for you? 

Leanne.