cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22Ultra - 512 & iPhone 13 & Upgrade

vrj25
Investigator
Investigator

Upgrade over the weekend, 2 phones iPhone13 & S22 Ultra, both arrive, the wire is now a USB C connection on both ends and no USB C plug,?? So how do I charge my phones? old phones were normal USB Plugs?? EE say I have to buy 2 plugs?? Not Happy 

At no time was I told that there would be no usb plug or earphones? or was I told that the charging wire was a usb c to c???? Very bad service from EE been a customer for 25+ years 😡

7 REPLIES 7
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

You do know that EE doesn't make the phones and put chargers in the box.

Your issue is with Apple and Samsung

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Also technology changes and so does the wires. USB C is the normal now and there was regulations passed that all manufacturers have to move to USB C although Apple refused to but I have read somewhere they are eventually moving to it.

No earphones has been the case since they removed the headphone jack about 2 to 3 years ago. That's why when the S10 came out if you pre-ordered you got a free pair of Samsung Buds. I still use these buds now on my Fold2

@vrj25  Blaming the network for not informing you but did you at anytime ask about this ?   I presume not so why would they inform you unless you ask as like you they can not read minds to know what you do or do not know.   The usb or usb-c with plug hasn’t been included with iPhones for almost 2 years now ( that’s all iPhones) and Samsung followed suit around 6 months after. 

But it must be the networks fault. 

(no iPhone has ever been shipped with a usb-c plug) 

you can still use the old style lighting cable to charge the device.  USB-c is just faster to charge.   

@Chris_B  The tone of your response is not necessary!!!

Firstly, my last upgrade was 2yrs ago so your comment about this being the norm for the last two years is just void!!

Secondly during the upgrade it was mentioned plenty of time that my upgrade was two years ago! and I have never had to ask the question of is a plug supplied in my 25+ years of being with 121-Tmobile-EE so why would I think to ask that now.

If you cannot be helpful please fell free to not comment!! 

@BrendonH I get that EE do not make the phones, but they sell it and would know that they do not come with plugs especially as I was doing an upgrade from 2yrs ago! so a little heads up would have been good, if I had known I would have just bought one and have it all arrive at the same time to be able to use the device correctly. A lack of consumer information would not have gone a miss!!!

The sales guy does not have to inform you on whats in the box. Its down to you to do your research the sales guy is there to sell you the product and tell you about the services. If they have to tell you everything step by step of whats in the box etc they would be there for hours which is not the point of the sales.

It doesn't matter when your last upgrade was. You are the customer and its down to you to do the research on what you are buying.

@vrj25  When you bought your last phone was you inform that includes a plug ? or did you assume it was there ? as you assume it would be for your latest purchase.

The plug hasn’t been included with iPhone for almost 2+ years now and when this happened it was practically everywhere all over the news/internet it wasn’t private information it was everywhere.  You’re not knowing this has nothing to do with the network at all, trying to shift the blame to the network just proves that you take no responsibility for your lack of knowledge on a subject that’s not new.  Im more surprised that you think you should of been informed of this.  Did you do any research of the devices you was purchasing?  Google search is just a few clicks away.