cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems After Factory Reset Galaxy S8

DebbieHolley
Investigator
Investigator

Hi and thank you in advance for any help!

I could only hear callers on speaker otherwise they were very faint and it was impossible to have a conversation. After doing everything I could, nothing worked so I begrudgingly had to reset my S8 to factory reset 😞

Sadly and frustratingly, it did not work, I still can't hear callers 😩

Even after restoring data from the backup, I am having to reinstall stuff and set up my phone as it was before 😠

Apart from not being able to hear calls, unless on speaker, for some reason, my phone number has changed back to the number on the SIM card, not MY number. On my Samsung account, it is showing the correct number (mine) but on phone contacts it shows the SIM card number. Is there anyway I can edit/change this?

I really, really appreciate any help, thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DebbieHolley 

Thanks for coming here. 

Can you text NUMBER to 150, does the reply show the correct number?

Does the call problem happen when connected to WiFi and using WiFi calling or when connected to the mobile network? 

Leanne 🙂

Hi Leanne, yes that worked and it tells me the correct mobile number. Thank you!!

For some reason my voicemail is set to 123 and I am unable to change it to 150.

I also have a voicemail notification 'New voicemail, dial 123'. When I click on it, the message is 'the time from BT will be...' I cannot delete the notification, I have tried everything! Please, please can you help?

I have received 2 messages from 'Voicemail 150' today, both saying I have reached my spend cap. I am really worried this BT voicemail message is somehow draining my allowance 😞

I would prefer to delete/deactivate voicemail completely, is this possible?

Thank you VERY much!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DebbieHolley 

Thanks for coming back to me. 

You can delete the voicemail by texting VM OFF to 150, could you try this and let me know if this works for you? 

Leanne 🙂