cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Installed Screen Protector

daypdx
Visitor

The pre installed screen on my Samsung Fold 3 has not yet lasted a year but has started coming away from the centre of the screen. To me that means that the protector is part of the mobile, however, my local EE shop says that is not the case and that I will need to arrange and pay for a new protector myself. 

As Samsung's instructions stated to NOT remove the protector, thereby implying (to me anyway) that it is part of the mobile I do not feel that I should have to pay for it.  Also, as I am not yet through my first year's contract I think EE should be sorting out the issue.

Any advice please? 

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@daypdx   Then you need to take that up with Samsung the warranty is supplied by Samsung.   While you can go to EE they will only pass this over to Samsung which you can do yourself.  

There by implying to you doesn’t mean anything that’s your assumption.    While Samsung say don’t remove it that’s probably because how it’s fixed to the device will probably break the screen as it’s not glass but plastic and has to be removed correctly.