cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 8 new phone, same EE SIM, phone number is 00000000000?

wal21
Explorer

Upgraded to the Pixel 8, popped my existing EE SIM in (from Pixel 6), and had to set up my Google Wallet again (seeingly not backed up or transfered).

Adding my 1st card I get the message that the phone number is not recognised and would verification code to send to number <my number>. I recieved the code, get the message that it's added. 

However it does not work when I try to use on the phone (get Google cannot verify this card at this time). I'm assuming because the bank doesn't recognise the phones number it's simply failing verification, and I can't seem to update the phone to my actual number. 

In About phone the active SIM (Slot 1) shows my number to be 00000000000. 

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @wal21,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Was the correct number displayed when your SIM was in your old phone?

Have you tried restarting your phone with the SIM inserted?

James

wal21
Explorer

Thank you...and actually, no idea.

I was able to test my card today and purchased OK tap & go in the local shop + ordered a 99p ebook from Play....so it seems to work fine. Still can't add a local Travel Card to the Wallet & add funds, still get Google cannot verify this card at this time...it worked on my Pixel 6 tho...Spoke to my bank too and nothing is blocked their side. 

I did restart the phone and checked/double checked the SIM. Maybe the number being 00000000000 is a red herring. Perhaps the local Travel Card app provider has issues their side.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

It's worth contacting your card provider to see if they're aware of any issues @wal21 

James