cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone unlocked not accepting sim

Michbood8
Visitor

Hello, not sure if posting in right area. My contract recently came to an end, I changed phone and my mom is having had my old phone, (Sony Xperia 10) She is on Vodafone network. I've already checked to make sure the phone is unlocked and it says it is, but when I insert the Vodafone SIM it asks for an unlock code and a message reads SIM card is perso locked. Does anyone know if this is because the phone isn't unlocked correctly or is it a problem with the SIM? The SIM still works in her old phone.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @Michbood8 ,

Welcome to the community,

It does indeed look like your phone has not been unlocked or at least not correctly. I would suggest either ringing customer service or try and get an unlock code again.

Having re-read what you have written, not sure, but may be a problem with the SIM card, which would be strange, as her SIM card works in her old phone.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

@Michbood8   The device is still network locked.  

A perso lock on a phone is linked to your sim card. The original provider of the phone can lock the device remotely when a sim card from a different provider is entered into it.   

Basically it’s still lock to EE. 

But can you try a different network sim in it ?  O2 would be the obvious choice as 3 sims can have issues when first used in a fresh network unlocked device.