cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online shopping when paying money goes out then freezes and don't receive items

Drewboy9292
Investigator
Investigator
  • I've recently got a oppo lite phone..everytime i do an online shop and make a payment it freezes . The payment comes out my bank but I don't receive items as it doesn't go through on there end . Is this a phone issue as it works fine on my old phones ?? So far I've lost 100 pounds .

Are anyone else having problems 

7 REPLIES 7
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Drewboy9292 

Thanks for coming here.

Are you connected to WiFi or using mobile data when this happens?

Have you tried another browser?

I would also suggest speaking to your bank if you have not received the orders and the payments have been taking and not showing as pending to be refunded.

Leanne.

Hi. I have done orders on 2 different sites using my data whilst making payment. One of them are giving me a refund and the other one the bank is investigating. I can try next time using WiFi see if it makes any difference but it's just the waiting for a refund which is a pain if it does carry on. I do have an old phone I can use to do shopping but it's just a bit of annoying to have to do that. Never had a problem with my last phone before I upgraded 2 weeks ago so wasn't sure if it's an oppo problem .

Thank you for your reply 

Leanne_T

Thanks @Drewboy9292

Have any payments been successful using this phone? 

Does the website time out or show an error message? 

Leanne.

When doing payments it will go to a screen that has a loading symbol then goes to a white screen then I receive message from bank saying payment of amount has come out but because it's froze it hasn't gone through to retailer to process the order   .

Only with online retailers like clothes shops etc it has done it with. I've also contacted retailers to see if order has came through but there's nothing on there systems I went for a meal last night and used my Google pay to pay using the restaurants app and that was successfull. It' seems to be just online retailers 

I've just turned WiFi on and used same retailer and done a order of 1 pounds ( socks lol) and it's gone through. So not sure if it's data or not that's the problem 

Leanne_T

Can you access other sites when this happens? @Drewboy9292

Does your device still show signal?

Thanks.

Leanne.

What we're the two sites that you applied for free credit Hun Please Thank you 👍🙏🏼

D.williams