Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCK CODE ON SAMSUNG

Tinor
Investigator
Investigator

Hi guys!

Please this is my first time of using a samsung phone. I entered a wrong unlocking code for a number of times and the phone is now saying that I need an MCK code to unlock. Please I did not know anything about the unlock code hence my inputting a wrong code. 

I need your help guys. My phone is Galaxy A40.

Many thanks! 

11 REPLIES 11
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Tinor 

Read this post 

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices/MCK-code/td-p/1028382#.Y8JsIHL7HC0.link

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Tinor
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris.

Please I do not have an unlocking code and my phone is asking for MCK code. Please how do I get it done? It is my first time of using a Samsung phone. Please help me. The phone is Galaxy A40. Thank you

@Tinor : Then apply for your unlocking code via the link I give above. Then use the method for obtaining the MCK from it via the link @Leanne_T gives above that.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master
  1. You can just apply for your unlocking code by using the Unlocking your device form and giving its IMEI no., which you can obtain be dialling *#06# into its keypad. 
  2. Then follow Re: MCK code - Page 6 - The EE Community for the MCK.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@Tinor   You need to request EE to unlock your device once you have the unlock code from EE ( do not enter that code on the device yet but you will need it to get the MCK code ) you then need to read the links provided by @Northerner and @XRaySpeX  on how to get the MCK code.    Once you have entered the MCK code you can then enter the unlock code on the device.     

Your only other option is to go back to the person who sold you this device as they sold you a device that’s not working.   Where did you get it from ? 

It was a gift from someone who stays in Austria. 

Thanks guys for the help so far. My mobile phone has two IMEI numbers as the phone has two sim slots.

What do I do? 

@XRaySpeX

I have followed the link but I stopped where I was asked to I put my number. I inputted my mobile number but it did not go through. It tells me of an EE Number. 

Please this phone was a gift from a brother from Austria. 

How do I resolve this guys, Please? 

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Tinor 

The only reason you're asked for a MCK code is if you're trying to unlock the device so you can use another network. You need an unlock code as per the thread I linked you to. If you don't have the unlock code then your device is a paperweight. Your mobile number is useless. 

@XRaySpeX has provided the link to obtain the unlock code, then when you have it follow the link I provided above. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.