Help

Joe42087
Investigator
Investigator

My phones broke so I've been given a new one but it's saying to many attempts made enter mck code or something how do I get one .. I can't even ring 150 to try and sort it im on WiFi and can't find a way to email them 

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Joe42087  Read THIS  about a MCK code.    

If this device is network locked you need to ask that network for the unlock code so you can use it on EE.  If you don’t have the unlock code you have to request it from that network.   

How do I find out what network its signed to ?

Where'd you get this phone from?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@Joe42087  you say you was given a new phone, so ask the person who gave it to you.  

That was the first thing I tried mate .. unfortunately she's very old couldn't figure it out herself so it's been in the draw for over a year. I'm pretty sure it's tesco now but there saying there's no block on the phone and its my chip if anything but its definitely blocked an my chip works fine in other devices lol feel like I'm in check mate ATM 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Joe42087

Thanks for coming here 🙂 

Did the phone have a SIM card in still when you were given the phone? 

If not, do you know which network the original owner is with? If they are using the SIM card from the phone this may help determine which network the device is locked to. 

Leanne.