cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 3 faulty screen

Bazza1306
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

My fold 3 screen has gone faulty after seven months. Ee won’t help and Samsung are also wriggling out of the warranty. I’m now stuck with a useless phone through no fault of my own and after over ten years loyalty to ee am thinking that loyalty has gotten me no where. I was told the the paint scratches on the side of my fold may have caused the inner screen to break. Well you only need to look at the picture to realise that is utter nonsense and both ee and Samsung are just unwilling to help. 

2F7FA27B-AB65-467F-8001-86714BDE15FB.gif

B2EA1B2C-FCF0-4BF8-8613-C31B30C099F9.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bazza1306 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Have you sent the phone in for repair with EE or Samsung? or have you been into a store to have the phone looked at? 

Leanne.

Bazza1306
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes i have sent to ee and to samsung where both have alleged that some paint scratches have caused the middle of the fold to lift from the device and become unusable. End of the day ee sold thw phone as all singing all dancing and the first sign of a fault you will not help me out. I have 4 contracts with you and have been with you for 10 years and i am being treated like a liar

Bazza1306
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

EE know that the fault in the fold 3 is common but still sell them and refuse to repair or replace the phone under warranty

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back to me @Bazza1306 

I have sent you a private message on here for some extra details. 

Leanne. 

Alyrium465
Investigator
Investigator

Same issue here unfortunately. No damage to hinge (EE confirmed) but they say it is accidental damage despite the black appearing when I simply opened the phone.

They told me £1500 to repair... Despite the phone being nearly half that now