cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair says frame is damaged void warranty

Joebee
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to appeal a void warranty as I sen my z fold 4 in for a inner screen repair  got a phone call saying me warranty is voided because there is damage to the frame and screen when there is no damage to the frame even on the repair booking confirmation says there is no damage to the frame an how is a broken screen void the warranty as well I am now having to pay £500 to get the screen repaired 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Leanne_T 

It was sent through EE I took the phone into one of the stores and they sent it to there repair center I have the repair confirmation letter saying that the general condition of the phone is good no scratches or dents the screen just cracked down the fold line it is still under warranty as  I have only had the phone for 11 months I said yes to the repair I them contacted EE again to ask how the warranty is void for damage to the frame when there is no damage I was them told l by EE to contact Samsung and was them told by Samsung that EE are the ones that should be to contact Samsung 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Joebee 

Thanks for coming here. 

Was this sent to the repair centre through EE or Samsung? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne. 

BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

A broken screen is not a warranty issue unless Samsung has come out and said they have issues with the screens breaking.

A broken screen could be a drop. The booking repair form may not state a damaged frame but why would it? Who filled in the repair booking? You? 

What is actually wrong with the device for warranty work?

How old is the device? I'm pretty sure all Folds came with a replacement screen for under £100 (if done within the first 12 months) or they used to especially when I purchased my Fold2 it did, but with this you had to send it to Samsung and not to EE.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Hi @Leanne_T 

It was sent through EE I took the phone into one of the stores and they sent it to there repair center I have the repair confirmation letter saying that the general condition of the phone is good no scratches or dents the screen just cracked down the fold line it is still under warranty as  I have only had the phone for 11 months I said yes to the repair I them contacted EE again to ask how the warranty is void for damage to the frame when there is no damage I was them told l by EE to contact Samsung and was them told by Samsung that EE are the ones that should be to contact Samsung 

Hi @BrendonH 

I unfolded the phone and it was cracked right down the fold I have not dropped the phone one it has always had screen protector and a phone case on it I took the phone into a EE store and they said it was still under the manufacturer warranty I have had the phone for 11 months  one of the employees in the store looked at the phone and could see no damage to the phone apart from the screen if I broke the screen by accident and know it was 100% my fault then I would have wrote anything and just paid for it 

Didn't mean to mark that as a solution 

Katie_B

Good morning @Joebee

Thanks for providing more information. 

Have you been in touch with our technical care team on 150?

Speak soon, 

Katie

I phoned 150 to be told that they can't do anything and I should contact Samsung directly so I did and then Samsung said the I shouldn't be the to contact them EE should have contacted them 

Katie_B

Please give us another call when our lines open at 8am @Joebee

If you could also notify the agent this was sent via the EE Store and you have a report for the device condition before it was sent. 

Katie

Morning @Katie_B 

Yes I have called 150 and that's when I was told to contact Samsung myself but Samsung said the EE them self's are the one to contact Samsung