cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty smartwatch

Pithie
Investigator
Investigator

I've had a faulty samsung smartwatch now for 11 days which EE have been shocking at dealing with, originally I was told to claim through insurance which I did, to be told it was successful to then be told it pending and need to talk with tech because insurance doesn't cover breakdowns, now I've looked at my insurance and seen it does cover breakdowns, and no mention of breakdowns not being covered. Also tried to book a repair, which was to be collected from my door, which didn't happen, when I phoned to see what was happening, I was told EE don't offer this service, to then be told by another EE member of staff that DPD changed policies and don't collect from your door, I've looked online and on the EE website it offered collection from your door, now it doesn't say DPD it says a courier service will collect. So if EE don't offer collection why are they still offering it online? Anyway still stuck with the watch because EE ain't bothering to fix their mistakes and expect me to fix their mistakes for them

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Pithie   What is the fault?  Is it hardware? Software ?  And Samsungs warranty covers this.     You are correct in EEs device insurance covers this also.

Cover for diagnosed faults:For a fee, you can get a next day refurbished replacement if your device is diagnosed with a fault in the first 24 months from the start of your Airtime Plan contract. This fee will be added onto your Airtime Plan bill. Not available to Apple customers within the first 12 months. Not available to SIM only customers. Check ee.co.uk/excessandcharges for the latest fees.”

but why pay any upfront cost to claim on insurance when Samsungs warranty covers device issues and will not cost you anything   Please have a look at THIS 

As I said, I've tried getting it sent off for repair by EE but have been told 2 different conflicting stories, both stories go against what it says on the EE website. I put I through insurance as that's what I was originally told by the tech support member would be the easiest option. It appears the easiest option I have now is to leave EE once my contracts expire

Hi @Pithie 

@Chris_B we've covered these issues in the OP last thread. 

@Pithie take it into an EE store or parcel it up and send it off yourself. Take the initiative. Yes it is inconvenient I understand that. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Pithie

Thanks for coming back to us. 

If you would like us to help you get this looked into, please could you send me the details requested in a private message? 

I have resent this to you now. 

Leanne.

Or how about EE give the service that they offered out? They've already admitted they made the mistake yet you expect me to sort out the mistakes that EE have made. I'm still trying to figure out if EE are falsely advertising a service they don't offer, since I was told they don't offer the pick up service but the website says EE does. But as I said, it shouldn't be me having to sort out EEs mistakes yet that's exactly what they want me to do. It's fine though, it's just more to be adding to my complaint that's being logged

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

We don't have access to your account here in the community forums, @Pithie.

If you change your mind and would like us to organise for a colleague from our customer service team to give you a call, please reply to the private message that @Leanne_T sent you with the information that she was asking for.

Chris

I've been waiting nearly 2 weeks for someone to call me back! I've been waiting over a week for a replacement after being told my insurance claim was approved. I've been waiting for nearly a week for a courier service to come collect the watch from my door like I was told. So telling me you'd get someone from customer services to phone me doesn't fill me with hope since I'm still waiting on a call from customer services