cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error entering IMEI to unlock phone

Sarahl86
Investigator
Investigator

I have entered my IMEI about 100 plus times today to unlock my phone s20+, it says error occured try again or come back later. 2 IMEI show up, neither work. Spoke to EE yesterday who sent me the link and confirmed phone is locked. Why has this error message been showing for months? Can see others have had same issue. How is it resolved? Says done instantly pretty much once done. I am going to Turkey and want tonise a sim there as EE prices are ridiculous out there. Unlock my phone, or dont charge me usage out there!!

9 REPLIES 9
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You shouldn't need to to enter a IMEI Code to unlock a Device, all you need to to do is enter the Unlock Code when the Device asked you to after inserting another Network Sim Card that isnt on the same Network that the Device is Locked to.

You don't need the IMEI to actually unlock a device but you do need the IMEI to apply for the unlock code that would unlock the device. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Thats what I am trying to do. Apply for the code.Sent from my Galaxy
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sarahl86,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you tried another network SIM? If you purchased it from EE, it shouldn't be network locked.

James

No not yet, but the man on the phone at EE told me it is locked. So frustrated. Tried for days, go away in the morning.Sent from my Galaxy
James_B

Hi @Sarahl86,

All Samsung devices from the S20 onwards were not locked to EE.

Do you have a friend or family member on another network whose SIM card you could test in your device?

James

Thank you. I will try and find one. Everyone on EESent from my Galaxy
James_B

No problem @Sarahl86

Have a great holiday. 🙂

James

Thank youSent from my Galaxy