cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data & Texts abroad in Europe

CF110
Visitor

Hello everyone, 

im currently away in an EU country and I have data roaming in the EU activated. I was able to text, and use data but now it’s not letting me even though it’s turned on and says “£2.15 a day data roaming in use”.

As it wasn’t working I even just purchased a £10/month package and it’s still not working. What’s going on? 

4 REPLIES 4
Mark-Loat
Investigator
Investigator

Hello @CF110 , it's @Mark-Loat here,

What I suggest is confirming what country you are staying in,

If that doesn't work with the issue, please let me know and I'll try my best to help you 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Do you have a spend cap on your account, @CF110?

James

bristolian
Legend
Legend

In what way is your roaming service not working? Are you not able to get a local network connection? Or is it a problem with making calls, sending texts or using mobile data while a local network is shown as available?

What is the £10 add-on that you've got? If coverage is shown but you have problems using any function that would incur charges, then a spend cap is the first check to make.

If the symptoms are something else, then other advice applies.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

There is no such thing as "data roaming in the EU activated". I presume you mean you have enabled roaming in general by texting ROAMEU to 150.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)