Mr Marc Allera

Chief Executive Officer EE Limited

1 Braham Street

London E1 8EE

Dear Sir/Madam,

xxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re a/c. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx , xxxxxxxxxxx, xxxxx xxxxxx, xxxxx xxxxxx

I write regarding a number of serious issues with these numbers/account that I seem unable to resolve with your Customer Service Colleagues. I would be most grateful for your assistance in seeking a resolution.

Background:

Firstly we wished to transfer the existing account and numbers across from my daughter xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx to my good self, xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx. 3 of these numbers have been with EE for some time (xxxxx xxxxxx was to be ported over from o2)

Ms xxxxxxxx called EE and obtained a transfer password I understand back on the 22nd June.

Shortly after I spent some time on the telephone with a pleasant young lady in Customer Support. During this initial call it was agreed that these two numbers could be transferred to me but that 2 other numbers could not at this stage be put on contract with EE as you had a limit of 2 lines per customer.

It was agreed that two other numbers (xxxxx xxxxxx) would remain on a PAYG with EE but the a/c name would be transferred to me and that (xxxxx xxxxxx would be ported over to EE and again remain as PAYG)

The 1st two numbers it was agreed would remain on contract with EE, (xxxxx xxxxxx) staying on an existing contract expiring December 23, and a new contract was agreed for xxxxx xxxxxx @ £15 per month. 

There has been a long standing Direct Debit in place collecting from my CoOperative Bank account.

I was promised call backs to confirm all the above agreed movements had been successfully completed but sadly, despite a number of follow up attempts from myself, these promised call backs never materialised.

Current Situation:

During subsequent calls I was categorically told that the 3 lines with EE had been transferred into my name. It transpires, however, some 2 months later that this simple transaction has still not been completed.

I have been charged £17 for the agreed £15 per month contract on xxxxx xxxxxx despite this being listed in my online account as a £15 per month contract. This bill was clearly addressed to me despite my online account claiming this line is still in my daughters name???

On 16th August 23 I now receive, again clearly in my name, a ‘suspension notice’ relating to acc no xxxxxxxxx claiming that £17 remains unpaid despite that very same amount having been debited to my bank account on 12 Jul 23.

Resolution Sought:

A swift transfer of these accounts into my name, withdrawal of the ‘suspension notice’ and written confirmation that this account name switch has been completed

Potential loss of an important ‘special’ number:

I now turn to the porting of the o2 number, xxxxx xx xx xx. O2 provided a PAC code of xxxxxx on 13th July 23 expiring 11 Aug 23.

Following these numerous and lengthy calls to EE I was sent a new EE sim to enable porting of the o2 number.

I attach a copy of the card received

With the assistance of a helpful gentleman at EE I believed this was successfully ported to EE on Monday 24th July 23. The next day , upon your adviser’s recommendation, my colleague topped up this phone with £5 which I was led to believe will keep the line active for some 10 months.

A copy of the card transaction is attached.

I was therefore most surprised to find last week that this number was restricted to emergency calls only. I had previously dialled this number and the phone rang. Ringing this number now connects me to a Giff Gaff answer phone !

I contacted EE customer support once again and was clearly informed that this number, xxxxx xx xx xx had been on EE’s system. In two subsequent calls on Thursday 24th August 23 I was told this.

However, upon transfer to the PAYG team I was told that this number had been allegedly ‘cancelled’ on 31st July 23.

Not only had I successfully called into this number upto circa 17th August, moreover no such ‘cancellation’ has ever been requested or initiated by my goodself. I was oddly advised to contact Giff Gaff but on doing so they are of course not willing to discuss this number/account with me as it is of course not my account!

To add insult to injury EE have also refused to discuss this number further with me claiming I have failed a security check as I am unable to confirm the date of the last top up despite holding confirmation of the exact date of 25th July 23.

If it is claimed that this number was not successfully ported from o2 to EE please help me to understand how I managed to both dial into I the number or pay for a top up with EE where the number is requested during the payment process?

This number is particularly valuable and important to me. I have held it for several years and is displayed on a significant amount of my marketing material and on line presence.

Resolution Sought:

Could we kindly, without further delay, re tract this line from Giff Gaff and place back on PAYG with EE in my name?

The 2 x contracts and other PAYG referred to in discussion above should also be transferred into my name in accordance with our numerous prior requests. All relevant information and passwords have already been given.

Apologies if I write at some length but there clearly are a number of issues here.

I look forward to you or your teams swift attention, and thank you in advance for your indulgence 

Yours Sincerely

xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx 

xxxxxx xxxxxx

CANT ATTACH 

1. Screenshot confirming £5 successful PAYG top up on 25th July 23 @ 15:17

2. Screenshot of O2 email confirming PAC code

3. My Bank Statements confirming DDs to EE

4. Price increase letter from EE showing 3 numbers on 1 account in my daughters name

5. Photo of new PAYG sim received and bill dated 23 June 23 claiming £17 per month

rather than the £15 agreed - this bill is clearly addressed to my goodself, not my

daughter!

6. Suspension notice, EE Sim & Copy of bank statements confirming payment made by DD

Sent from my iPhone

[Mod edit: Please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]
5 REPLIES 5
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Lola20 

You'll need to make a complaint here:

https://business.ee.co.uk/help/make-a-complaint/

There is no account access on these forums 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Lola20 , this is not customer service, so you are not likely to get any help with that sort of problem and you will either have to speak to customer service or launch a complaint by clicking on the link @Northerner  has provided.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

This is a user discussion forum & is not the correct platform for communicating with EE about your services & any complaints about it. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lola20 

I am sorry to hear this has happened. 

To get this looked into as advised above, you can raise a complaint and one of the team will get in touch, please see our Make a complaint (ee.co.uk)

Leanne.

thank you

--
Regards
Andy