cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting Critical Issue

CES_UK
Investigator
Investigator

Today is 5th. of April. On March 24, 2024, I switched my mobile service from Vodafone to EE. However, my mobile number, 075574XXX36, has not been successfully ported to the EE network. Incoming calls and messages are currently being received through the Vodafone network, causing disruptions to my daily activities, particularly in banking, e-commerce, and Gov UK transactions that rely heavily on SMS OTP verification. As a result of this issue, I cannot access various platforms that utilize 2-factor authentication via SMS.

In summary, calling or texting my mobile number will reach the Vodafone mailbox announcement but not my phone.

Despite reporting the issue to EE multiple times, the problem persists.

This issue has significantly impacted my daily life, and I don’t know what else to do. 

I appreciate any suggestions 

12 REPLIES 12
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CES_UK,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

In the event of a failed number transfer, our number porting team will need to liaise with your previous network to resolve the issue. 

The team will be working to to find a resolution as quickly as possible.

James

Thanks for your response, But this issue has persisted for the last 14 days. I am not sure if this is a problem on the EE side, but Vodafone.  What shall I do now?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CES_UK,

Our Technical Support Team will be happy to provide you with an update if you get in touch on 150.

James

@CES_UK wrote:

I am not sure if this is a problem on the EE side, but Vodafone.  What shall I do now?

"On-net" calls & texts don't route via your donor network and are retained by EE. Thus if calls & texts from EE users are unaffected as they often are, this would prove an issue on our donor network.

VF have to resolve this, but EE remain your point-of-contact. There are processes in place to deal with these scenarios, but you are well within your rights to be constantly contacting EE-CS until this is resolved.

When I request support from 150, it sends me a TXT that some tech guru will call me. But he cant as  no one can call me as calling or texting my mobile number will reach the Vodafone mailbox.

I am having a chicken-egg problem , completely  deadlocked

@CES_UK wrote:

But he cant as  no one can call me as calling or texting my mobile number will reach the Vodafone mailbox.

As per my previous post, that may not necessarily be the case.

There are certain options on the 150 IVR that result in a text message, but other options are available that don't. I recall that the initial "press button for a virtual service" option is best avoided if you have unresolved issues.

@bristolian wrote:There are certain options on the 150 IVR that result in a text message, but other options are available that don't. I recall that the initial "press button for a virtual service" option is best avoided if you have unresolved issues.

When contacting technical support via the EE network by calling 150, the sole option is receiving a return call. If there are additional pathways to connect tech. support directly through the IVR after initiating the call, then please provide the appropriate sequence of numbers to be entered.

It has been 15 days since the beginning of the number porting process from EE to Vodafone for my mobile service. Unfortunately, neither operator has completed this process, leaving my service unavailable.

I seek information on my rights as a consumer in this situation and would like to know which regulatory authorities or entities I should contact to escalate this matter.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Quite a few people seem to have issues with option 1 on the 150 IVR which is announced as "the new visual service". There is a subsequent announcement for "otherwise press 2"

CES_UK
Investigator
Investigator

For 16 days now, my phone number transfer has been pending, leaving me without service. Vodafone points the finger at EE, and vice versa, resulting in a deadlock where neither takes responsibility. Due to this, I'm unable to receive SMS one-time passwords (OTPs), effectively locking me out of numerous services essential for my business operations.

I've been in daily contact with EE, each time promising a resolution for 'tomorrow,' yet tomorrow comes and goes without any progress. Similarly, Vodafone claims they no longer have my number and can't support me.

What steps should I take next? How can I escalate this issue to resolve it? Would involving a lawyer be wise? I'd greatly appreciate any guidance or advice on how to navigate this situation.

I appreciate any help you can provide.