cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile number porting issues

RadioheadFan
Explorer

Hi,

I was on Plusnet and was forced to move to another provider, they advised they were setting up with EE and so I switched to EE. I received a new sim card which had its own phone number. I wanted to keep my old phone number and they advised it would transfer over automatically. I then discovered when people called me the phone cuts from 4g down to E for emergency and the caller was directed to my voicemail. I would then receive a text saying voicemail was left even though my phone never rang. I called 150 explained this, they reset my phone settings or something and asked me to reset the phone saying they would call me back, however they could not call  me back because the voicemail problem remained. I called them back and they then tried something else and this fixed the voicemail.

I texted a few people, some people received my text from my old ported number, some people did not respond and one person asked me if I had a new number. This was strange that some people got my text on my old number but another had not. Anyway, I called 150 again, explained previous story about voicemail and newly discovered error for the phone number, they said they would reset my phone settings or do something, I then had to reset my phone, and then I had the same issue back of not receiving calls. Can anyone advise if there is anything I can do with my Sony Xperia 10 III as it has in its own settings my old phone number? Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @RadioheadFan

Welcome to the community. 

Do any known issues show within your area when you search the Network Status Checker?

I'd also recommend giving us another call to check the status of your number port, it sounds like the transfer has begun.

Katie

There are no issues in me making texts or making outbound phone calls. The port should have happened a month ago. I was just wondering if I can do something without calling back because I think they will just reset the phone again.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Your issue is clearly user-specific and likely account/SIM-related. To resolve that will need account access, which is not something anyone on this forum has.

Equally I would recommend being insistent with the CS agent and advise them of what has been tried before without success, is unlikely to resolve again. Don't terminate the call without being happy with the outcome.

@bristolian wrote:

Your issue is clearly user-specific and likely account/SIM-related.

I have a dual sim phone but only one sim, is this of any relevance?

RadioheadFan
Explorer

Ok well I called 150 back and they said to ask my friend to delete my contact details and make a new one. They think there was probably a porting issue and this sent him the temp number instead of the old one at some point in time. I'll see how it goes and report back.