cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to switch to pay as you go from the 24 Months Sim Only Contract.

6ixty3ree
Visitor

I it’s been just 24 hours of making my new 24 months Sim Only contract with EE. 
But, I want to switch it to Pay as you go plan by cancelling the contract. Is it possible anyway? The contract was made in EE Store. Please help I need to cancel it anyway!

2 REPLIES 2
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Probably unlikely,  had you had taken out the new Contract over Telephone or Online then you do get a 14 Day Cooling Off period, but unfortunately that is not available with Face to Face Sales, ie, In Store.

Having said that, each Store does have a Managers Discretion policy, so could be worth a try by returning to the Store and speak to the Store Manager. 

Even if you cancel it, that's the end of it. It can't be made into PAYG. Why not just buy a PAYG SIM?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)