cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop securing payment for Top up credit

sarahj663
Investigator
Investigator

How do I stop a recurring monthly payment (its going straight to credit) but maintain the monthly subscription for my pay as you go sim? 

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @sarahj663

Welcome to the community. 

Are you wishing to manually top up each month to continue purchasing your subscription pack rather than an automatic payment being taken?

Katie

Thanks for getting back to me.

Somehow I have both a recurring payment being taken that I can not stop with my bank (this is increasing my credit each month) and there is a subscription pack payment being taken. I only need the later. 

Leanne_T

Hi @sarahj663 

If you log into your EE account, and select payments, do you have a recurring payment showing? 

Have you contacted your bank to see if the payment can be stopped? 

Leanne 🙂

EE are taking two payments a month but getting hold of anyone to stop it is a nightmare. Due to how it's set up with the bank I can't cancel the payment with them....Anyone any suggestions before I go back to the bank?

Leanne_T

Hi @sarahj663 

Have you spoken to our customer care team?

Leanne.

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Text STOP REC to 150 to stop any direct card payment. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Customer care team doesn't have an option for this and cuts me off. No not spoken to anyone.

Katie_B

Hi @Jimineed.

Welcome to the community. 

When calling 150 are you selecting option 2 and going to the automated service. 

Katie

THANK YOU XRaySpeX

It could be really easy, no? But no... EE needs to have a convoluted, good for nothing website.
I sent them a complaint they should invest in an overhaul of their site. This thing is a mess.

You're a gem though. My mental health thanks you.

*can finally close this nerve-robbing experience...