cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT HELP REQUIRED 2.4 or 5GHZ Cant connect to cctv devices

SF7777
Investigator
Investigator

Hi.. Before I lose the will to live could someone offer me some support asap please...

I took delivery of a new router / smart hub this week and started to connect l devices, no probs so far.  When I tried to connect both of my CCTV systems it would work. My Alexa and Ring have connected with no issues.. I tried the following and still no joy.. 

• Disabled 5GHZ to allow cctv to connect to 2.4
  • I have tried a number of 2.4Ghz channels
  • Reset router
  • Reset devices and the associated app
  • Called EE spent around 3 hours in total on phone
  • Spoke to CCTV companies who confirm no issue with services or devices
  • Looked at the advice online and followed that

The devices connected to my last smart hub no problem.  It seems whatever I disable or reset the cameras / App just won’t connect to the WIFI.  EE have been little help and keep telling e to go back to the manufacturer of cctv or the app creator.  They have ordered me a new router to try that one.

I have little hope that another brand new router will resolve the issue.  I need the CCTV up and running today! I can’t leave the house without the cctv on and EE don't seem to understand or care!

Thanks in advance

47 REPLIES 47
SF7777
Investigator
Investigator

Hi.. Before I lose the will to live could someone offer me some support asap please...

I took delivery of a new router / smart hub this week and started to connect l devices, no probs so far.  When I tried to connect both of my CCTV systems it would work. My Alexa and Ring have connected with no issues.. I tried the following and still no joy.. 

• Disabled 5GHZ to allow cctv to connect to 2.4
  • I have tried a number of 2.4Ghz channels
  • Reset router
  • Reset devices and the associated app
  • Called EE spent around 3 hours in total on phone
  • Spoke to CCTV companies who confirm no issue with services or devices
  • Looked at the advice online and followed that

The devices connected to my last smart hub no problem.  It seems whatever I disable or reset the cameras / App just won’t connect to the WIFI.  EE have been little help and keep telling e to go back to the manufacturer of cctv or the app creator.  They have ordered me a new router to try that one.

I have little hope that another brand new router will resolve the issue.  I need the CCTV up and running today! I can’t leave the house without the cctv on and EE don't seem to understand or care!

Thanks in advance

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SF7777 

Welcome to the community.

I notice this was posted in the mobile broadband board, but you mention a smart router. Could you confirm if it's a mobile broadband router or a mobile router please?
Chris

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Which router model do you have? Look at its label or post a pix.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Smart Router - Smart Hub SH31B

Hiya its a Smart Hub SH31B 🙂 

@SF7777 : Ah, that's fixed Home BB, not mobile.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@SF7777 Have you tried to match the security type for the Wi-Fi signal on the EE router?

Hi Jim,

If you could guide me how to do this, it would be much appreciated. cheers 

robh661
Contributor
Contributor

Have you checked the router’s home page and see if the CCTV is listed there, and if you can change the IP address is uses to a fixed one.