Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card not recognised in Lenovo Idea Pad Duet 3 Laptop

Sharondp459
Investigator
Investigator

Hello

I have recently acquired a Lenovo Idea Pad Duet 3 with an EE sim, which has been inserted correctly, but just says 'no service'. I have tried the sim in my phone and it works there, so I'm not sure how to get it working on the laptop. My phone sim doesn’t work in the laptop either. . I have restarted the device, but no joy. Technical support ummed and aaahed for about 20 minutes but couldn't help. 

14 REPLIES 14
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

In what way did you acquire it together with the EE SIM?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

From the online EE shop as an add-on to my contract.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sharondp459,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What troubleshooting steps did technical support run through with you?

James

Trying the sim in my phone - it worked.

Trying my phone sim in the laptop - didn’t work.

Taking sim out, putting back in, restarting laptop - didn’t work.

Christopher_G

Hi @Sharondp459

I've sent you a private message to get some information from you.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

So EE gave me the customer support number for Lenovo, and after several phone calls totalling nearly 3 hours, the issue of the SIM card not working has not been resolved.

Lenovo asked for a copy of my invoice so that they can send a refund code. However, I have not had to pay anything up front and I’m paying monthly for the tablet and sim in the same way I would for a mobile phone.

I sent a copy of my order but apparently this is not sufficient. Can anyone help as I am currently paying for a device that is not working and cannot be fixed by Lenovo. 
Thanks 😊 

Leanne_T

Hi @Sharondp459

Thanks for coming back and letting us know. 

If you need any additional details for the order, please give us a call on 150 or 0800 079 8586 and the team will see what can be sent to you 🙂

Thanks. 

Leanne.

This looks like ,

one device for one sim.

Otherwise any one could put a sim in your devices.

They have checked your accounts fairly and very happy to meet up with you.

If you have any other sims put it in and try to connect to your mini wifi ....