Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung watch 4 problems

MichelleLou89
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I got a Samsung watch 4 last January and took it out on a 2 year contract with 4gb of Internet. I also have a Samsung sim only contract after I'd paid off my 2 year contract. I got the watch at the same time as my tarrif ended and I spoke to an advisor and then got the sim only deal. I was sent a new sim card with the watch and I have 2 phone numbers on my account, one for the watch and one for the phone.

My phone is linked to the watch, I get messages and calls etc. 

I got the watch with the impression I could leave my phone at home when I run and just have the watch. Unfortunately it disconnects when I come away. I have been on the wearable app and when prompted it takes me to the EE homepage, which offers me a deal of 10gb a month for an extra cost. I got the watch with Internet for this reason so I could link it up. I can't do this, it just takes me to the home page and I can't set up my tariff.

It's taken me this long to get my head around what I need to do, as like I say it does receive texts etc when my phone is in my pocket or upstairs etc but I can't leave the house without it which is why I bought it. It hasn't been a massive issue but its annoying me now as I want to use it for the purpose I bought it for.

I've reset the watch and set it up again but I wasn't able to set up my sim/tariff again, it just connects to my phone Bluetooth. 

What am I doing wrong? Have I been sent the wrong watch, is it not a cellular one?

I don't have an EE store locally.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @MichelleLou89

Thanks for coming here. 

To get this looked into please call us on 150, the team can check if you have been provided a SIM plan instead of the 30 day data watch plan that you need for a cellular connection, and help get this sorted.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne

MichelleLou89
Investigator
Investigator

Thank you.

I rang up and they reset my data plan, I went I'm to the wearable app and it let me connect to my plan.

Thanks again for your help!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Great news @MichelleLou89

Thanks for letting me know. 

Happy New year 🙂

Leanne.