cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked Out: GT-S3570 Pass Locked: Can't Recall Password?

TheGodSplinter
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't even need to password protect my old phone, but I have a vague recollection of doing so, anyway.

I can't get into the phone (GT-S3570 Pass Locked: Can't Recall Password)...can anybody help? 

13 REPLIES 13
Northerner
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hi @TheGodSplinter 

Factory reset the device should do it. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

How can I factory reset the phone if I can't get past the password screen?

TheGodSplinter
Contributor
Contributor

THIS PROBLEM WAS *NOT* SOLVED, THE FIRST TIME!

I have a Samsung GT-S3570 mobile. It's a pay-as-you-go and the money on it vanished because I wasn't using the phone enough. I'm also locked out of it because I cannot recall the password I set up on it, partly because of the phone's lack of use.

Can you help me, first: getting back into my phone, and enabling me to add some money to it, to breathe life back into it.

@TheGodSplinter : I've removed your Solution as you wish in case you inadvertently ticked it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

QUESTION: "How can I factory reset the phone if I can't get past the password screen?"
Is there nobody out there who can help me, with this?

@TheGodSplinter  try this THIS 

if this doesn’t work it’s time to bin the device.   This is also a really old device 2G only.

How do I know what code input I'm doing when the only screen available to me is the password screen?  I can no longer remember my pass for this old, second phone.  During my Google searches, I got to the same page to which you linked me, above, and the code wasn't working.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TheGodSplinter,

Are you leaving up to one minute for the phone to restart after entering the code?

James

I was, yes.  Thanks, James.  I got through to EE, just after my last post and they've informed me that the number has been reallocated and that the card would no longer be of use.  Looking on the bright side of things, though, I now have the undeniable joy of picking myself a nice, new 2nd phone.

Thanks, to all who helped me with this.