cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 5 Cellular Roaming

Em12341
Explorer

Hi,

I am considering purchasing a series 5, and I'm particularly interested in the cellular option so I don't have to have my phone with me at all times.

The apple support however isn't very clear as to whether this will work if I for example go on holiday to Spain and want to leave my phone in the hotel room (which I absolutely do want to be able to on holidays to avoid pickpocketing). Will it work because Orange is part of EE, or not? All Apple offers on their support page it is that it is in 'Europe' territory, which doesn't answer my question.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Em12341  Orange Spain has nothing to do with EE is a different company altogether.  And roaming is not supported on any watch tariff it’s for UK use only. 

Thanks very much for your reply - appreciate it! 

rysongs
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

On the Apple Watch series 8 launch presentation last week, Apple stated that International Roaming was coming to Apple Watch series 5 and newer. EE was not on the list however, and O2, Three and Vodafone was. 

Have spoken to EE support about this, nobody knows anything about it and it's not looking like it will work on EE. 

The EE logo has previously always been present on Apple's keynote presentations when showing supported cellular plans but it was a glaring omission on this occasion.